Wednesday 23 February 2011

I don't believe He brought me this far to leave me...

Whooy!

The last 3 days have been, um, interesting...

I can confirm that I started on Monday. I can also confirm that I am still on track. But I've been absolutely miserable... Depressed even. Side effects of the diet so far... Tears, lots of tears. I don't know whether I'm crying because the food is so vile, or whether I just miss conventional food. I look at my son eating his dinner and I envy him. I actually want to punish him for the mere fact that he can eat and enjoy life. I've found myself telling him off for chewing too loud, too fast, too slow, just chewing! Effectively he cant win. So I've asked him not to eat in the same room as me.

Another side effect is that I have become macrosmatic. I can smell bread a mile off. Again when my son is eating I not only smell the food, but the exact seasoning in it... Sniff, Sniff- hmmm pimento, sniff- bit of garlic, sniiiiff thyme.. Arrrrrrrgggh! I cant take it any more. I have actually worn a scarf over my face in the house just to keep me sane. I even found myself looking at his plate thinking how many calories are in a lick... Just one lick... for a little flavour. It all smells so tantalising... Then there's the enhanced observational skills. How many of you watched Holby City? Now those of you who did, how many of you noticed the consultant sexily slathering real butter (not margarine) on to two thick slices of lightly toasted Warburtons bread? I did! It wasn't even essential to the plot- I don't think he even finished the toast. Vex does not begin to describe how I feel. I didn't realise how heavily food featured in programmes. I think I may have to stop watching telly during this period.

So in a nutshell I'm not a happy bunny, to make matters worse there have been a few set backs this week. Business wise and personally. This was topped off with the most disastrous vocal rehearsal ever which left me with heart palpitations, but that's a story for another day. Normally this would call for a little comfort food pick me upper... I know, let me drown my sorrows with some 'taste bad' soup and something masquerading as a milkshake! This diet actually makes you feel like you're cracking up. No one told me it would be this hard...

Oh and how could I forget to mention the peeing... That's right, I said it. Peeing! I am peeing like a racehorse!!! I drink around 3-4 litres of water a day. I go to the bathroom every 40 minutes without fail. I'm thinking of getting a catheter fitted and walking around with a bag because it is absolutely ridiculous...

I'm not going to lie, I am struggling a bit and on three occasions thought of throwing in the towel. But the fact that some of you contacted me to check up on me, encouraged me and chased me for a new posting really helped keep me on track, honestly. Thank you so much. Also I want to rise to this challenge, I know I can do this!

Finally, I went for my 3D body analysis on Monday... It was really an eye opener and you know what, I am going to post the photo. I don't intend to be this fat again (God willing) sooooo, what the heck... Here goes...


I cant wait to post the slim and sexy version in a few months. Wish me luck...

Until next time

Sonja-Lee xx

4 comments:

  1. This post had me cracking up! I love your writing style. God is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was laughing + crying all at the same time while reading this post. I sooooo feel your pain: thr are days when I'm soooo good + days when I throw in the towel. Hang in there, sweets. Bettah mus come! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sonja-lee, the first few days is always the most difficult. You need to focus on the goal and you will get to it. Did I tell you my cuz did the exact same diet, had exactly the same figure and you should really see her now. It definetly does work, and one year later she still maintained it. All you need now is testimonials that it does work and you will get to the finishing line like most people. I can't wait to see the new you in the next coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey,
    well done for keeping at it. youve inspired me to give it go - again. i did this last yr and have to say results are fantastic and youll be getting to goal before you know it, wish i stuck at it till the end.

    keep doing what youre doing. well done!!

    ReplyDelete