Thursday 17 February 2011

Can you feel the love tonight?

I have been overwhelmed by the support I have received from you guys as well as the positive comments on my facebook page. Having you all behind me will certainly make this process easier.

However... I must say I've been surprised by some of the more negative comments in the camp. Not so much because they were negative, that's to be expected, but because of who they were from. Comments like  "You know if you fail I'll laugh!" from my 'Sistafren' has only fueled my passion to succeed. The battle of the bulge is won in the mind and I am so there.

Things I have learnt so far ( in the last 24 hours)
  1. When you try to improve yourself in any way people will try to bring you down- The worse thing is they may not even realise they are doing it.
  2. Once you start a project, any project, people will try and transpose their failings on you. You will hear all the stories of why they didn't succeed and why your 'runnings' will fail. NB this will be disguised as 'just giving you a heads up'. Do not be fooled. These comments serve nothing more than to derail you.
  3. People who you thought would be excited about your new venture will appear to be disinterested, as if what you are embarking on is of no significance. Don't let it get to you, they are probably struggling with the disappointment of not being able to do the same thing themselves...
On a lighter note I have had a request to show a full body picture as I apparently don't look fat (enough) in my head shot... here goes, thunder thighs and all...


The previous head shot was just clever photography... looking up into the camera and hiding my excess chins behind my scarf!

Finally, tomorrow I'm going to have3D shape analysis body scan :-o... Oh Laaaaaaaard. Now if the print out of that doesn't move me I don't know what will. I think I'll keep it on my mirror and look at it every day for the next 17 weeks. If I'm brave enough I'll post it...

Until next time

Sonja-Lee xx


3 comments:

  1. Lol! Very true on all those points. I have learnt that there will always be haters.

    One great quote I love is 'If people are talking behind your back, congratulations. It means you're far in front'.

    Do not be discouraged! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja-Lee, Sonja-Lee.....Answer the following questions:

    1) Do you feel you can lose the weight?

    2) Are you going to start on Monday?

    3) When you drop a rubber ball on a hard floor does it bounce back?

    3 Yes’s means YOU CAN DO THIS
    Look at the last question. Imagine the rubber ball is you, the hard floor is the negative comments and the outcome is that you bounce back and rise twice as high.
    People will always have something to say about what you do. It’s what you do with it that matters! Stay down or BOUNCE BACK.

    Do your thing. You have my love and support
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chichi- again my blogging sister comes to the rescue! Thanks babes xx

    @ I WILL, loving the support.. xx

    ReplyDelete