Sunday 27 March 2011

Its been a long time- I shouldn’t have left you…

Right I bet you think that I’ve fallen off the wagon, given up, ‘drawn fi di dumpling!’ Well I haven’t… there have been a few things that have put things in perspective for me…

The main one being I almost died. Seriously. It wasn’t a diet related catastrophe but I had a terrible car accident….
I’m really happy to be alive as it really could have been worse, but my thoughts as it happened were in this order…
1.       Oh no- I’m going to miss my hairdressing appointment…
2.       Oh no- All these people are gathering round me and my eyebrows need doing- I hope a hot guy doesn’t try to come to my rescue…
3.       Oh no- My last meal could have been a dusty cranberry diet bar…
4.       Oh no- would my son have remembered my strict instructions that if I were to die fat he was to ensure that the embalmers cut off all excess fat to ensure I could fit into a size 10 (UK) dress for my funeral
5.       And last but not least- Oh no, my car…
I had to go to hospital to check over my injuries- I, for the most part, am ok except for a severe case of whiplash and back ache L.  But again, It really could have been worse.
The best thing was I that I was put on really strong pain killers which meant I HAD to eat to take them. Doctors orders!!! What a shame, but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do… So, you didn’t have to ask me twice- I decided, for my first official meal, to have Nandos Chicken and a Mediterranean salad- Yum, still high in protein low in carbohydrates so hopefully I’m able to keep my body in ketosis whilst eating enough to aid my recovery.
So I bet your all wondering how much have I lost- you don’t care that I was almost cruelly and untimely taken from this world- you just want to know the bottom line! Well, in total to date I have lost approximately 22 pounds! I am in my fifth week- however I have been eating for the last week…
I lost 10lb in my first week, 4lb in my second 3lbs in my third week approximately 6 over the last two weeks. I’ve not been weighed by my counsellor as I’ve been in bed recouping. But I will be able to give you exact figures on soon. The weight loss slowed down due to me ‘accidently’ having chinese soups and the odd bit of chicken, just to keep me sane. I can really see the results, so as of Monday I’m determined to stick to the plan. I’ll see how I get on taking the medication with the bars and shakes… If I start to feel sick I will deffo just eat.
Again I won’t overload you with info. I’m gonna be back on track soon, now I’ve gotten through the hardest weeks I’m ready to buckle down… I can see a marked difference in my figure and my collar bones are making an appearance.  I’ve also lost my ‘fat chick’ shoulders- you know what I mean- when your bra straps sink into you flesh so deep they  give you the semi permanent camel hump effect on both sides… Gone. My stomach has flattened and I'm looking really good! Size 10 here I come!!!
Until next time…
My Baby :'-(

5 comments:

  1. Thank God you're ok Sonja. Please take care. Hope you recover quickly from the pains. May the Good Lord continue to protect you. Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the car, but I'm glad you're okay! Well done on losing 22lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww...glad you're doing ok. It could have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sonja-Lee well done! Cant wait to see the new you!

    ReplyDelete